What are finger nodes? Looking at your joints from the nail side up, you will see a knot-like series of lines between the sections (phalanges) of the fingers. Even if you don’t see lines, those areas between the phalanges are called finger nodes.
What do finger nodes signify? Depending on Something about your character. See below for the sixteen character types.
Upper node, aka (also known as) first node: the node closest to the nail. Also called the philosophical node, it is related to ideas.
Lower node, aka the materialistic node: has to do with the material world.
Nodular joints: if you can see the nodes on a particular joint, they are called nodular joints.
Smooth joints: if the nodes on the joints are barely visible, they are called smooth joints.
The Sixteen Personality Types
Combining the four types of finger tips and both types of nodes on both joints will yield sixteen different personality types. Which type are you?
- Pointed fingers, both joints smooth: Poetry of the heart and soul can be found here. Ecstatic religious feelings and love for all things beautiful might also be present. Such fingers are considered fingers of the psyche, even though unorganized thoughts and actions and incorrigible laziness are also seen here.
- Pointed fingers, nodular upper joint, smooth lower joint: A battle between inspiration and thought occurs in these people. The believer begins to doubt. The poet loses part of his genius. The positive aspect is that inspiration is used effectively for completing a job.
- Pointed fingers, smooth upper joint, nodular lower joint: The artistic potentialities here are overruled by the tendency for practicality. A poet or artist will be better off financially but will deviate from his true ideals. Did someone mention sellout?
- Pointed fingers, both joints nodular: The person moves away from his higher ideals in order to deal with reality. These personalities are often inventors or discoverers. They are at peace with their inner soul. It must be noted that pointed fingers are a rarity, and nodular joints on pointed fingers are almost never encountered.
- Conical (pointed and tapering) fingers, both joints smooth: The poetic gift is better felt in conical fingers. This person aims to cultivate beauty in its physical form, hates cold, hard logic, loves freedom of thoughts and manners.
- Conical fingers, nodular upper joint and smooth lower joint: The artist has practical motives. He figures out his efforts and aims to achieve specific goals. Such fingers can be found in the hands of talented and successful musicians and actors.
- Conical fingers, smooth upper joint and nodular lower joint: This person defends his interests in practical and monetary ways.
- Conical fingers, both joints nodular: Best combination for an artist, inventor, writer, musician or actor. This person takes life head-on, knows the value of their genius and how to use it for profit.
- Square fingers, both joints smooth: Shows a love of philosophy, social sciences, realism in art, and a talent for creating business plans. All those who have square fingers (regardless of nodes) are independent, honest (usually), strong and reasonable.
- Square fingers, nodular upper joint and smooth lower joint: Love cold, hard logic and arguments. They discuss everything, including religious beliefs. It’s almost impossible to change their convictions. These people can perform intelligently demanding, beneficial work.
- Square fingers, smooth upper joint and nodular lower joint: belongs to the perfect servant, who is obedient, orderly and disciplined, and puts his obligations first.
- Square fingers, both joints nodular: This person is fond of the natural sciences, archaeology and law, is a perfect financier, is honest and true. Not a genius, but has a strong mind. Doesn’t love poetry, art or literature.
- Fingers in the form of a spatula, both joints smooth: Needs physical activity, has an instinctive understanding of the real world. Likes sports, working outside, politics, management and travel.
- Fingers in the form of a spatula, nodular upper joint, smooth lower joint. An aggressive atheist, believing in no ideals. Hates feelings, loves realism, science, investigations and development of technology.
- Fingers in the form of a spatula, smooth upper joint, nodular lower joint: Lacks love for beauty but possesses an extreme attachment toward well-organized things.
- Fingers in the form of a spatula, both joints nodular. Strongly interested in physical activity, wants to be worn out by it. They count on science to succeed in their ventures.
Got that? Thanks for dropping by. Stop by again to check out tomorrow’s post O is for Observation of the Fingers.